Buffalo Management Group understands that we are living through a trying period right now and that we are all struggling to make sense of and navigate our new reality. We continue to be committed to doing our part to ensure the safety of our tenants and employees.
We have compiled the following list of resources to help you navigate and explore the different options that are available to help you get through this ordeal. We will update this list as new information becomes available.
New York State is waiving the 7-day waiting period for Unemployment Insurance benefits for people who are out of work due to Coronavirus (COVID-19) closures or quarantines. Visit the New York State Department of Labor website for more information.
- NYS DOL is implementing a new filing system based on the first letter of the applicants last name (alphabetical order). If you are filing a new unemployment insurance claim, the day you should file is based on the first letter of your last name. Visit the New York State Department of Labor website for more information.
- Visit the NYS DOL What You Need to Know and Do About the CARES Act webpage for information on enhanced Unemployment Insurance (UI) benefits and Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) available for New Yorkers.
Are You Eligible for Paid Sick Leave?
On March 18, 2020, Governor Cuomo signed emergency legislation guaranteeing job protection and pay for New Yorkers who have been quarantined as a result of novel coronavirus, or COVID-19.
This groundbreaking new measure will help ensure that New Yorkers are able to care for their family without jeopardizing their economic security and builds on the Governor’s unprecedented actions to protect and uplift workers and their families.
Are You Eligible for a Paycheck Protection Loan under the New CARES Act?
You are eligible if you are:
• An individual who operates as a sole proprietor
• An individual who operates as an independent contractor
• An individual who is self-employed who regularly carries on any trade or business.
Do Your Part to Help Stop the Spread.
If you have taken the above steps and need to make alternative arrangements to pay your rent this month then please click the link below to apply for Rent Relief.